Cost-effective, all-in-one software package that enables browsing, editing and sharing of images including movies
ViewNX 2 provides a range of easy-to-use, enjoyable features that the ordinary software supplied with a PC's OS cannot offer. In addition to basic data importing and browsing, ViewNX 2 incorporates various frequently used adjust menus and tools such as resize, brightness control, crop and straighten, as well as RAW processing functions and movie-editing features that are equivalent to those found in digital SLRs. Smoother cooperation with Nikon's exclusive image storage and sharing site, NIKON IMAGE SPACE, is also made possible. This all-in-one browsing/editing software package supplied with Nikon digital cameras will let more photographers fully enjoy digital images, more easily.
Refined user interface
Three kinds of workspaces are provided: Browser/GeoTag/Edit
- Workspaces can be smoothly switched by clicking the tool button
- Background color can be selected according to image brightness (White/Grey/Dark Grey/Black)
- Improved operational efficiency by displaying two different panels simultaneously - left for folders and right for image adjustment/metadata
- Thumbnail List can be selected when "Browser" or "Edit" is used
Enhanced image-editing functions
Crop, Straighten, Auto Red-Eye and Auto Lateral Color Aberration are newly added considering their high frequency of use by general photographers.
Incorporates movie-editing functions
- Start/end points can be set (unnecessary portions can be deleted)
- Selected frames can be saved (still-image saving), JPEG images with number of pixels equivalent to movie recording size
Improved print functions
Besides a range of print functions such as Full Page, Index Print and Standard Photo Sizes, functions highly demanded by users have been adopted.
- Background Color: Selectable from White, Grey, Dark Grey and Black
- Print Information: Information below can be printed with images
[Date/Time Shot] Prints with shooting data and time inserted
[Metadata] Prints minutely selected metadata
[Header/Footer] Prints any text such as title or page count in the header or footer