When only the best will do
Nikon's high-grade HG L series binoculars bring everything into focus and uncover the beauty of the world around you. Topping off Nikon's acclaimed lineup of binoculars, the six HG L series models are designed for unparallelled performance and comfort. Advanced lens and prism construction delivers sharp, bright images that intensify your viewing experience. Other elements, such as the user-oriented optical and mechanical design, work together to reveal fine details you'd have otherwise missed. And in 42mm objective diameter models, the weight has been significantly reduced. What's more, environment-friendly materials extend the quality of the HG L series even further.
The overall result is something Nikon believes all binocular users should experience: more moments of clarity.
Features common to the HG L series
- Sharp, clear images to the lens periphery, thanks to Nikon's exclusive field flattener lens and eyepiece design
- Nikon's original multilayer coating attains a high light transmission rate across a wide range of wavelengths and reduces flare and ghosts for excellent colour reproduction
- Phase-correction-coated roof prisms deliver high resolution
- Prisms feature a high-reflection silver coating to provide brighter images
- High-eyepoint design provides a clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers
- Soft-touch silicon rubber eyecup
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click* facilitate easy positioning of eyes at the correct eyepoint
- Large focusing ring makes operation easy
- Every model is waterproof up to 2m/6.6 ft. (3m/9.8 ft. for 8x20HG L DCF/10x25HG L DCF) for 5 minutes and fog-free, with O-ring seals and nitrogen gas
- Made with environment-friendly materials
Non-polyvinyl chloride material used for body, eyepiece lens cap, objective lens caps, case and wide strap Eco-glass optics that are free of lead and arsenic are used for all lenses and prisms
- Can be fixed to a tripod using optional tripod adaptor*
- *Except 8x20HG L DCF/10x25HG L DCF
Light transmission rates
Generally speaking, the higher the light transmission rate of a lens, the brighter and clearer your image will be, with less blur and ghosts. Each of Nikon's high-grade binocular models features a high light transmission rate thanks to our multilayer-coated lenses and prisms.