Targeting stability. LOCKED ON function.
Easy measurement to the flagstick.
Employing Nikon's VR (Vibration Reduction) system, vibrations of the image in the viewfinder caused by hand movement are reduced*, and the irradiated laser is also aligned at the same time. Because you can direct the laser onto the target faster and more easily, the ease of measurement to a small subject like a flagstick is greatly improved; all achieved by Nikon's original technologies that are a fusion of VR Technology and high-performance measurement function. * The effect of Vibration Reduction: Vibrations of the image in the viewfinder caused by hand movement (sinusoidal waves) are reduced to approx. 1/5 or less (Based on Nikon’s measurement standards).
The VR (Vibration Reduction) system ensures vibrations are reduced while the irradiated laser is aligned at the same time, so you can easily capture the intended target.
When the VR (Vibration Reduction) system is not employed, the irradiated laser light path may be misaligned by hand movement.
A new, easy way to indicate that the distance to the flagstick has been measured.
Picture the scene of an approach shot to a green with woods in the background, where you are not sure whether the measured distance is to the flagstick or to the trees behind it. LOCKED ON Technology displays the distance to the closest subject, the flagstick, and the LOCKED ON sign () in the viewfinder appears to inform you at the same time. It is clearly visible that the distance to the flagstick has been measured even with trees in the background.
in the backgroundWhen measuring woods in the background, the LOCKED ON sign () does not light up.
Measuring the flagstickWhen the distance to the closest subject, the flagstick, is displayed, the LOCKED ON sign () lights up.
* Single measurement: When measuring overlapping subjects and the distance to the closest subject is displayed, the LOCKED ON sign () appears. Continuous measurement: When displayed figures shift to a closer subject, the LOCKED ON sign () appears.
- VR (Vibration Reduction) function employed
- LOCKED ON TECHNOLOGY*: LOCKED ON sign () informs you of the distance to the closest subject. When measuring overlapping subjects, the distance to the closest subject is displayed with a LOCKED ON sign () in the viewfinder. For example, on a golf course, it is clearly visible that the distance to the flagstick has been measured even with trees in the background.
- Measurement range: 7.5-915 m / 8-1,000 yd.
- First Target Priority algorithm is employed. When measuring overlapping subjects, the distance of the closest subject is displayed — useful for measuring the distance to a flagstick on a green with woods in the background.
- Single or continuous measurement (up to 8 seconds)
- HYPER READ enables quick and stable measurement response regardless of distance
- Measurement result is displayed in approx. 0.5 seconds
- High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating for bright, clear images
- Large ocular for easy viewing (18mm)
- Long eye relief design affords eyeglass wearers easy viewing
- Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3ft. for 10 minutes) and fogproof ; battery chamber is rainproof
- Ergonomic design for comfortable holding
- 1VR-function-employing model indication
- 2Laser irradiation mark ()
- 3Target mark ()
- 5LOCKED ON sign — First Target Priority detection sign ()
- 6Unit of measure (m/yd.)
- 7Battery condition
|Measuring accuracy *1
|±0.75m/yd. (shorter than 700m/yd.)
±1.25m/yd. (700m/yd. and over)
|Distance display : Increment||Actual distance: every 0.5m/yd.|
|Actual field of view (°)||7.5|
|Exit pupil (mm)||3.5|
|Eye relief (mm)||18.0|
|Dimensions (L×H×W) (mm/inch)||99×75×48/3.9×3.0×1.9|
|Weight (excluding battery) (g/oz.)||200/7.1|
|Power source||CR2 lithium battery x 1 (DC 3V) Auto power shutoff function equipped (after 8 sec.)|
|Waterproof structure*2||Waterproof*3 (Battery chamber rainproof*4) / fogproof|
|EMC||FCC Part15 SubpartB class B, EU: EMC directive, AS/NZS, VCCI class B, CU TR 020|
|Safety||IEC60825-1: Class 1M/Laser Product
FDA/21 CFR Part 1040.10: Class I Laser Product