Nikon's system design:
Minimised measurement errors
- The Nikon Laser Rangefinder's system design meets the exacting requirements of professional golfers. Nikon engineers determined the system design through repeated simulations that enable invisible laser rays to be precisely picked up by a sensing unit. High-quality integrated circuits and sophisticated software not only provide outstanding measurement performance, but also quick response.* Image of COOLSHOT 80i VR
Quick,consistent measurement response
- Nikon's original data processing algorithm, "HYPER READ", displays the distance measurement result with a fast and stable response, regardless of the distance to the target. This enables you to focus on your game with stress-free measurement.※ Employed models: COOLSHOT 80i VR / COOLSHOT 80 VR / COOLSHOT 40i / COOLSHOT 40
First Target Priority algorithm:
The distance to the closest subject is displayed
- Laser beams are projected and reflected off objects. The First Target Priority algorithm displays the range to the nearest target among the multiple results obtained. You can then exactly measure the distance to the flagstick, instead of a background object. This is especially useful for approach shots.
Easy to target a small object
- Holding down the power button provides 8-second continuous measurement which minimises the effect of hand shake, enabling easy targeting of a faraway small object like a flagstick.* COOLSHOT 40 / COOLSHOT 20 employs one-push continuous measurement. By just pressing the button once, you can perform 8-second continuous measurement.
- A large ocular with long eye relief design provides a wide field of view and easy viewing. You can easily catch small targets such as flagsticks.
Increased light transmission
- Multilayer coating is applied to the lenses for a much brighter and clearer view. This increases light transmission and reduces flare and ghost due to light reflection. You can thus see just about all target objects on the course with clarity.
Ergonomic body design:
Easy operation and comfortable handling
- The Nikon Laser Rangefinder's body is built compact, lightweight, and optimised for golfing. While maintaining excellent optical performance, COOLSHOT's easy-to-handle ergonomic body design provides comfortable and stress-free operation.
All-weather waterproof/fogproof body
- The body is filled with nitrogen gas and sealed. The waterproof/fogproof body design means you can use COOLSHOT even in case of a sudden shower without worry. It also prevents the inside of the optical system from fogging or molding even under significant changes in temperature.* COOLSHOT 80i VR / COOLSHOT 80 VR are waterproof and fogproof. COOLSHOT 40i / COOLSHOT 40 / COOLSHOT 20 has a rainproof body design.