Digital Camera Bracket FSB-UC
(universal type for COOLPIX Series)
Universal digital camera bracket FSB-UC connects a wide variety of Nikon COOLPIX* compact digital cameras to Nikon Fieldscopes and Fieldmicroscope EZ-Micro.
- *See below for compatible models.
Dimensions (without screws): 133 (W) x 131 (H) x 94 (D) mm
Weight (without cable release and light shielding rubber sheet): 300g
- Universal digital camera bracket for digiscoping which connects a wide variety of COOLPIX compact digital cameras to Nikon Fieldscopes, and Fieldmicroscope EZ-Micro
- The new design allows the replacement of batteries and recording media while the camera is attached to a Fieldscope, or Fieldmicroscope (this is not possible with some COOLPIX models)
- Includes a light shielding rubber sheet that minimizes harmful, incoming rays and glare
- Includes cable release (approx. 50cm) to prevent camera shake during shooting
Compatible Digital Cameras (COOLPIX) (as of May, 2016)
- With FEP Series for EDG Fieldscopes (except FEP-20-60), Wide DS Fieldscope Eyepieces and EZ-Micro:
P6000*1 / P5100 / P5000 / P340 / P330 / P310 / P300
S5200 / S5100*2 / S4400 / S4300 / S4150 / S4100 / S4000 / S3300 / S3100 / S3000 / S2900 / S2800 / S2750 / S2700*2 / S2600 / S2500 / S710 / S700 / S640*3 / S620 / S610 / S610c / S600 / S570 / S560*4 / S520 / S510 / S500 / S230 / S220 / S33 / S32 / S31 / S30
A100 / A10
L32 / L31 / L30 / L29 / L28 / L27 / L26 / L25 / L23 / L22 / L21 / L20 / L19
- *1The combination of the COOLPIX P6000, FSB-UC and EZ-Micro is not recommended in terms of the weight balance.
- *2Cannot be used with EDG Fieldscope eyepiece FEP-25 LER because of the vignetting.
- *3Only with EDG Fieldscope eyepieces, except FEP-25LER. FEP-25LER and DS eyepieces are not recommended because of the vignetting.
- *4Only with EDG Fieldscope eyepieces. Attaching a DS eyepiece is not recommended because of the vignetting.
[COOLPIX digital cameras released since October, 2008 have been evaluated.]
- With SEP Series for PROSTAFF 5 Fieldscopes:
P340 / P330*1*2 / P310 / P300
S5200*3 / S4400 / S4300 / S4150 / S4100 / S3300 / S3100 / S2900 / S2800 / S2750*2 / S2700*2 / S2600 / S2500 / S33 / S32 / S31*1*3
A100 / A10
L32 / L31 / L30 / L29 / L28*1 / L27 / L26 / L25
- *1Cannot be used with PROSTAFF 5 Fieldscope eyepiece SEP-20-60 because of the vignetting.
- *2Cannot be used with PROSTAFF 5 Fieldscope eyepiece SEP-25 because of the vignetting.
- *3Cannot be used with PROSTAFF 5 Fieldscope eyepiece SEP-38W because of the vignetting.
[COOLPIX digital cameras released since February, 2011 have been evaluated.]
- ●Vignetting may occur even with compatible models; occurrence of vignetting also depends on the subject and other shooting conditions
- ●Camera position may become misaligned during camera operation or replacement of batteries or recording media; adjust the camera if necessary before releasing the shutter (Removing the camera is necessary when replacing batteries or recording media.)
- ●If you notice external light on the monitor or picture image, we recommend that you use a shield such as the supplied light shielding rubber sheet or a black cloth to prevent light entering between the mount and lens of the camera
- ●Conventional MC eyepieces cannot be used; please use DS eyepieces for connection with the FSB-UC
Occurrence of vignetting, based on the combination of eyepiece and COOLPIX digital camera (guidelines)
- ●Depending on the type of camera, its position, or zoom setting, vignetting may occur. If vignetting does occur, carefully adjust the bracket position.
- ●When a digital camera lens is used at wide setting, take care that the camera lens does not hit the eyepiece lens when zooming to telephoto setting.
- ●Because it may be difficult to focus when using the camera's AF function with super-telephoto shooting, we recommend that you take a series of pictures of the same subject.
Composite F-number and composite focal length in combination with COOLPIX digital camera
- ●Although the theoretical F-number obtained using the calculation above exceeds the camera's F-number, the actual F-number will not.